A New York Times Best Illustrated Book of 2019
Kirkus Reviews Best Book of the YearThe Boring Book is a humorous picture book that follows the story of one particularly bored boy.As the story progresses, our protagonist discovers there's actually more to boredom than what meets the eye--more questions, more theories, and heaps of humor.
This exploration of boredom from acclaimed author-illustrator Shinsuke Yoshitake playfully--and hilariously--unpacks the ways in which a seemingly stagnant state is actually a portal into a dynamic, life-enriching experience.- Embraces the topic of boredom--an ever-so-popular kid complaint--and runs with it
- The unique comic format, fast pace, smart humor, and narrative approach makes it ideal for reluctant readers
- A universally hilarious book that will amuse children ages 5 to 8, as well as adultsIn addition to banishing boredom, Yoshitake's distinctive illustrations promote visual literacy and show young readers what the process of creative thinking looks like.This smart, laugh-out-loud picture book just might change your child's perspective on the state of boredom forever.
- A wonderful gift for parents, teachers, educators, librarians, caregivers, and anyone who has to answer to the statement I'm bored!
- Perfect for readers of early chapter books
- Great for fans of the Fox & Chick series by Sergio Ruzzier, Waiting Is Not Easy! (An Elephant and Piggie Book) by Mo Willems, and I'm Bored by Michael Ian Black